BOULDER VALLEY RUNNING
COME RUN WITH US!
Due to Covid-19, Boulder Valley Running has made adjustments to its program to promote small group runs and physical distancing while maintaining a sense of social connection and camaraderie. For the ongoing safety and well being of everyone, BVR requires that all participants wear a face covering during workouts, maintain a minimum of 6 feet or more between others at all times, and self monitor for any illness before attending a run.
Group Training I (“Summit”)*
*Summit runners should be capable of running 4-6 miles and a minimum 5k race pace of approximately 34 minutes.
Fall session: Tuesday September 8th to Saturday December 12th
Training Runs: Two weekday workouts - Tuesday and Thursday – 7:00am @ Impact Sports Performance and the 2nd and 4th Saturdays (7:00am @ varying locations near Superior).
Summit Enrollment Options:
Fall session (full plan) - Sept 8th to December 12th - $180.00 - enroll now
Contact coaches for late start rates
Group Training II (“Ascent”)**
**Ascent runners should be capable of running/jogging 30 minutes continuously. Although this group is suggested for the more novice runner, everyone is welcome as workouts will be structured in a way that accommodates a wide range of abilities.
Training Runs: One weekday group workout – Wednesday – 6:30am @ Impact Sports Performance and the 2nd and 4th Saturdays (7:00am varying locations near Superior)
Ascent Enrollment Options:
Fall session (full plan) – Sept. 9th to December 12th - $150.00 - enroll now
Contact coaches for late start rates
**Sign up for membership at Impact and receive 10% off your Running Package and 10% off your Impact Membership, just let us know after you purchase your plan and we will apply the discount later.
***Impact membership not required
· Initial in person meeting with coach
· Group workouts led by certified, experienced and supportive coaches
· Access to Impact Sports Performance facilities pre and post workouts*
(Note: Until further notice, all workouts will be held outside.)
· Pre and post run stretch, strength and mobility routines
· Detailed weekly training schedule
· Emails and a dedicated Facebook page providing tips and motivational articles
· Access to coaches in person and on line
· Special social events to build team unity
· Supportive training atmosphere for all ability levels
· Special offers and discounts
· Child care available during some group sessions for a small fee.
Boulder Valley Running provides members of all ages and abilities a fun, supportive, inspiring, and educational training experience. Program draws upon Lydiard TM principles of periodized training and proven research based methods.
Boulder Valley Running believes that by implementing intelligent and progressive training, one can attain steady and consistent improvement. Boulder Valley Running believes that each runner has talent that can be developed over time.
· Fundamentals of training
· Avoidance of common mistakes and pitfalls
· How to structure workouts for improved performance
· How to listen to and tune into your body and adjust efforts accordingly
· How to distinguish the stimulus stretching your training envelope from the stress of overtraining
· Group workouts with an emphasis on teamwork.
· Organized and progressive workouts allowing for natural development.
· Each training block progresses sequentially from base endurance work to a sharpening phase and goal events
· Workouts include mobility, plyometrics, stretching and strength work
Steve and Jill Sellars
Program director and Head Coach
Steve is a Lydiard Foundation Level II running coach and has been professionally instructing runners for many years. He began running competitively nearly 50 years ago and developed a lifelong love for the sport. Steve is a self proclaimed “running nerd”. His philosophy is that each runner has hidden talent that can be developed with intelligent progressive training. Steve believes that by avoiding common mistakes, each runner can achieve steady and consistent improvement. As a coach, Steve excels at helping athletes of all levels and abilities achieve their maximum potential. Steve earned a B.S. in Civil Engineering from U Mass Dartmouth and is the founder and co-owner of Flagstaff Surveying, located in Boulder. In addition to running, Steve spent several years instructing martial arts.
Masters Running Achievements (over the age of 45):
10k - 34:15
10 Mile - 59:56
Half Marathon - 1:19
Jill is a Lydiard Foundation Level II running coach and has been instructing runners professionally since 2014; mentoring, motivating, and inspiring runners to achieve their individual potential. Like many of her clients, Jill did not begin running until later in life and as a result, has a unique understanding of the challenges and opportunities afforded the novice runner. Her philosophy is that foundation and consistency are essential. Learning to “run easy” is a crucial first step one must take to truly train successfully. Jill strives to make running fun and hopefully spark and cultivate a lifelong passion for people of all abilities and backgrounds.Jill earned a B.S. in Health Care Management from Metropolitan State College and spent 27 years as a medical office administrator. She recently retired and now works part time in the BVSD as a bus driver for special needs children. Having raised four wonderful children, Steve and Jill are now recent empty nesters and the proud pet parents of Peanut and Snickers.